God made earth to be a copy of heaven (and ultimately He's going to get His way). The earth was created by the Word and the wisdom of God and it responds to the Word and wisdom of God. Adam was to manage the earth according to the same wisdom, thus allowing the Father to continually meet his every need. God wanted man to literally have days of heaven on earth.
Heaven looks so good to us because its atmosphere is full of the mercy, love, justice, righteousness and abundance in which we were created to live, not apart from God but with God. We were created to live in agreement with God and to do what is right in His sight because after all, He created us and He is our God. Imagine what it would be like to live in a world where there was no disobedience and the law of love was never broken. THAT WOULD BE HEAVEN!
You can learn how to live your life in a way that works without going through a lot of trial and error.
It's true that you can learn from your mistakes, but experience still isn't the best teacher. The best teacher is the Word of God. And, whether you're young or old, the best way to live your life is to learn God's wisdom so you can avoid pitfalls.
Take a look at our next verse in Proverbs that explains why!!
"" Proverbs 1:5 (TPT)
These proverbs are not only for the simple and the youth, but also for the wise to increase in learning. So whatever category we fit into – whether we're simple, naïve, young and inexperienced, or wise in our knowledge of God's ways – we can learn and grow through continually studying the book of Proverbs.
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, November 2nd is our monthly Radiant Book Club meeting. We meet every 1st Thursday at 12:15 pm in the WordWorks Bookstore. The book selected for our November discussion is Paul's System of Truth by Mark Hankins. Register today and discover hidden written treasures you may have never chosen on your own, as well as special perks for being a member – did I mention its free to register!! Registration has its perks!! You must be registered in the Radiant Book Club to get the discounted price of 15% off the books we will be reading!! We have other surprises that come with membership!! YOU DO NEED TO ATTEND to get the most out of your membership!!
You can register here: Radiant Book Club
- Friday, November 3rd we have our #MomLife Playday – a group for all moms with children ages elementary and younger to gather together while their children play, make connections, and enjoy some snacks! They will meet at 10:30am at Harmon Park Decatur.
- Saturday, November 4th Join us for another Radiant Day Out as we prepare for the holidays with a day at Southlake Town Square where we will enjoy in-store demonstrations, shopping discounts, and fellowship!
Limited space is available so register early! Registration is free, but required and will close on Thursday, November 2nd. For more information and to register go to: Registration
- Sunday, November 5th is our Marriage Re-Envisioned group for single women. Come join us as we learn the essentials of preparing for marriage. Whether you are single, divorced, or widowed we have a place for you! We meet every 1st & 3rd Sunday right after service in SLC Classroom B. You may bring lunch with you.
- Sunday, November 5th is when Bridge Moms meet to cook the meal for our Bridge Young Adults group. We cook every 1st & 3rd Sunday. 2:30pm-6:30pm – Prep to clean up. This group requires a food handlers license (license fee reimbursed upon completion), so if you are interested in joining, please reach out directly to Pastor Cathy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, November 6th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. Join us as we study Brother Kenneth E. Hagin's book, How to be Led by the Spirit of God – Legacy Edition! We meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom! Radiant Discipleship Registration
- Thursday, November 9th is our annual Radiant Friendsgiving at 7 pm in the SLC Auditorium! Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for a time of food, fun, fellowship, and the Word. Children’s ministry is available for birth-5th grade. Invite a friend and register now: Radiant Friendsgiving