Where do we start in our quest for godly wisdom! God tells us exactly where to begin:
"" Proverbs 1:7 (AMPC)
Walking in the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. In fact, it's the only place there is to start! You will never be able to walk in the wisdom of God unless you reverence Him and give Him honor in your life. Without honoring God and giving Him His place of preeminence, you will continue to walk after your own desires instead of His and you'll never experience the high life of God's plan for your life.
In the Kesuvim / The Writings (Mishlei/Proverbs) on pg. 6, this is what is written about verse seven:
"Fear of Hashem is the beginning of knowledge. Chochmah (wisdom) must be predicated on fear of Creator, which generates the desire to be engrossed in the wisdom of His Torah (Rashi)."
"Fear of God is to wisdom as a foundation is to a building. If the foundation is weak, the entire structure is in danger. So, too, if someone's yirah (awe) is weak, even the slightest doubt may cause his faith to crumble. (Meiri)"
WOW! Our reverence for God is vital to our ability to walk in wisdom and faith!
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, November 16th is our monthly Women’s Business Group meeting. Make plans to join us at 7pm in the Living Room at EMIC. We will have a "Grateful Gathering" as we celebrate and are thankful for all of the good things that God has done this year! We will share business ideas and resources, reflect back on this year and talk about what's to come in your business next. This will be our last meeting of the year, so don't miss this gathering! We will have a hot chocolate bar and please bring a dessert to share (not mandatory).
- Saturday, November 18th is our Deep group meeting. If you are looking to grow deeper in your relationship with the Lord, to experience greater growth with God, then join us every 3rd week on Saturday at 8 am in the Living Room modular. There will be a potluck brunch – bring something to share if you are able, but it is not required – all are welcome!
- Saturday, November 18th is The Ruth Circle, a support group for Widows. This group focuses on moving forward in faith, while making meaningful connections. Several times a year guest speakers are invited that offer helpful tips on skills for various areas of life. This group meets every 4th Sunday right after service in the Living Room modular! NOTE: This month's meeting will be a Friendsgiving Celebration off site. For more information, contact email@example.com
- Sunday, November 19th is our Marriage Re-Envisioned group for single women. Come join us as we learn the essentials of preparing for marriage. Whether you are single, divorced, or widowed we have a place for you! We meet every 1st & 3rd Sunday right after service in SLC Classroom B. You may bring lunch with you.
- Sunday, November 19th is our monthly Abiding Wives group. This is a group for married women to fellowship and connect with each other as we gather to pray for our husbands. We meet every 4th Thursday of the month at a private home, beginning at 7 pm. You will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the address. NOTE: This month's meeting will be a COUPLES FELLOWSHIP POTLUCK at 6:00pm in the Living Room Modular – bring a dish to share!
- Monday, November 20th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. Join us as we study Brother Kenneth E. Hagin's book, How to be Led by the Spirit of God – Legacy Edition! We meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom! Radiant Discipleship Registration
- Tuesday, November 21st we have our Table Talk (65 and Beyond) group. This group is for women (65 years of age and beyond). We have fellowship around the Word of God and with each other. They meet at 11:30 am in the Hospitality Room every 3rd Tuesday.
- Thursday, November 22nd – HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!