Accusers… condemnation… judgment… Are any of these words striking a chord with you? Many times those words bring up things from our past – a time when we either intentionally, ignorantly, or foolishly made a wrong choice and then were on the receiving end of someone pointing the finger at us. To which a horrible feeling that “I was bad” comes over us, and then one of two responses: shame or anger. If not dealt with, the ramification can follow us, affecting our relationships, jobs, home, etc.
If this is something you realize you haven’t dealt with, there are a few options that can help you. One, do you truly believe that when you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, He paid and forgave you of your past? Two, have you forgiven yourself? Three, if the first two have been done, call the church office and schedule an appointment to speak with me. In the meantime, here is a wonderful scripture to meditate on!
“So now the case is closed. There remains no accusing voice of condemnation against those who are joined in life-union with Jesus, the Anointed One.” Romans 8:1 (TPT)
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Saturday, October 1st is our BRAND NEW New Mom Connections group. This group is designed to connect first-time Moms to other women who have or are expecting a newborn but also have other children. To be a connection point where questions may be asked, and friendships built. The group meets the first Saturday each month at 9:30 am in the Living Room Modular.
- Saturday, October 1st is our Women On A Mission & The Ruth Circle combined group meeting. They will be meeting at The Mercantile in Forth Worth at 11:30 am.
- Women On A Mission’s purpose is to strengthen and encourage other women in the body of Christ; while providing a safe environment for all women to fellowship, share, and develop friendships. We travel to various locations, enjoying shopping, sightseeing, outdoor activities, and more! They meet quarterly throughout the year.
- The Ruth Circle is a group for Widows. They meet every 4th Sunday right after service in the Living Room Modular!
- Sunday, October 2nd is the Marriage Re-Envisioned group for single women. Come join us as we learn the essentials of preparing for marriage. Whether you are single, divorced, or widowed we have a place for you! We meet every 1st & 3rd Sunday right after service in the Living Room Modular. You may bring lunch with you.
- Sunday, October 2nd is our BRAND NEW day when Bridge Moms meet to cook the meal for our Bridge Young Adults group. We cook every 1st & 3rd Sunday. We’ll fellowship over lunch directly after Sunday service, and then begin cooking for the Bridge Young Adults evening meal. This group requires a food handlers license (license fee reimbursed upon completion), so if you are interested in joining, please reach out directly to Pastor Cathy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, October 3rd is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. We are currently going through Sister Gloria Copeland’s book on the Fruit of the Spirit and meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom: Radiant Discipleship Link
- Tuesday, October 4th we have our Table Talk (65 and beyond) group. This group is for women (65 years of age and beyond). We have fellowship around the Word of God and with each other. They meet at 11:00 am in the Hospitality Room every 1st Tuesday.
- Wednesday, October 5th is our Radiant Bible Study. Enjoy the Word of God, and good teaching with other women of EMIC. We meet every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month in the Hospitality Room at 10:30 am.
Remember, if you ever need prayer you can call our prayer line at 877-281-6297. Or, if you need pastoral counseling, call the church office at 817-252-2900 to schedule a time to meet with me.
You are LOVED!