Sunday Outline – May 28, 2023
This past Pentecost Sunday, Pastor George ministered “The Great End-Time Harvest of Pentecost.”
“God, the Covenant and the Contradiction,” a new book being released by Brother Copeland and Pastor Greg at the SWBC.
Brother Copeland has shared that the anointing of God is the power of God on the flesh.
Many see the Bible as just the Old Testament and the New Testament, but it is better said the first covenant which is a type and shadow of the second covenant.
Colossians 2:17 (AMPC)
“Such [things] are only the shadow of things that are to come, and they have only a symbolic value. But the reality (the substance, the solid fact of what is foreshadowed, the body of it) belongs to Christ.”
Everything in the first covenant was pointing to the coming of Jesus. Had satan only known, he would not have crucified the Lord of Glory. All through this covenant are types and shadows, pictures being painted in the spirit that points to the first coming and the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. To the redemption of mankind – getting God’s family back.
Pastor Kathryn preached on 04/12/23 from Oral Roberts' sermon, “The Fourth Man,” showing Jesus in every book of the Bible.
Joseph was a type and shadow of Jesus.
Joseph had 12 brothers
Jesus had 12 disciples
Was a shepherd boy
Jesus is the Good Shepherd
Joseph foretold his future reign
Jesus foretold his future reign
They stripped off Joseph’s coat
They stripped off Jesus’ robe
Joseph was betrayed by his own
Jesus was betrayed by his own
His brother Judah wanted to sell him
Judah (Greek) wanted to sell Jesus
Sentenced with two others: one restored and one executed
Jesus was crucified between two others: one joined Jesus in heaven
Joseph was not recognized by his family until he revealed himself
Jesus was not recognized after the resurrection until He revealed Himself
The Passover lamb was a type and shadow of Jesus. The steps which Jesus walked in Jerusalem when He was going to be crucified; every step aligned with the same places and timeframe that the Passover lamb was each year.
The First Covenant always points to Jesus.
There is a direct connection between the Pentecost in the First Covenant and the Pentecost in the Second Covenant.
It all has to do with “The Great End-Time Harvest of Pentecost.”
In the First Covenant, “Feast of Pentecost” was called Shavuot. Also called:
a. The Feast of Weeks
b. The Feast of Latter First-fruits.
c. The Feast of Harvest
Pentecost was observed exactly fifty days after Passover.
The Feast of Pentecost was celebrated every year at Jerusalem in grateful recognition of the abundant wheat harvest. Thanksgiving for the greatness of the Lord’s blessing.
What had to happen for a farmer to reap a great harvest of wheat?
The farmer had to sow wheat seed first. Wheat is designed to feed people!
John 12:23-24 Pentecost in the Second Covenant
In The Second Covenant, “Day of Pentecost” was also celebrated exactly fifty days following the resurrection of Jesus.
Wheat in the First Covenant represents people in the Second.
God is painting this beautiful picture of what is going to happen. Instead of sowing wheat, Jesus was the seed that was sown. God is looking for a harvest… God sowed the seed of His Son to reap the harvest of His family.
What had to happen for God to reap a great harvest of people?
God had to sow His Son as a people seed first.
John 12:23-24 (NLT)
Jesus replied, “Now the time has come for the Son of Man to enter his glory. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.”
In the Second Covenant, people are the Lord’s harvest.
When God planted the seed, it is a cemetery; it dies. But then it begins to raise up. God wanted His family back, and He wanted to live inside His family, to demonstrate His power inside His family.
I am part of the harvest of God, as Jesus was planted and raised up. I am raised up with Him, and seated with Him. We have been raised up with Him to feed people, we are wheat – we nourish them through the Word of God.
What Did Believers Experience on the Day of Pentecost?
Acts 1:5, 8 (NKJV)
“For John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Baptize (Greek) Total submersion and immersion.
Completely filled to the point of overflowing.
Illustration: Pastor George shared with his grandfather dunking a donut in coffee. The donut would be dripping wet and begin to fall apart because it (we) have been immersed.
Verse 8 They received power.
Power (Greek) DUNAMIS = Dynamite; explosive power. Wherever we go, we explode on the scene. We are carrying the glory of God wherever we go, emanating from us, just like it emanated from Jesus.
Mark 5:30 (NKJV)
“And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, “Who touched My clothes?”
Jesus could sense the power moving out of Him.
Verse 8 They became Jesus’ witnesses.
Witness = One who produces evidence and proof.
We are living proof that Jesus is alive. Although there are crazy things around us, we are not moved by them.
Acts 4:33 (NKJV)
“And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus.”
Great = mega
They demonstrated irrefutable evidence and proof that Jesus was alive.
Jesus will be preached despite our current culture. There is an awakening for this transgender community.
You name it, and there is an awakening for it!
This wasn’t the harvest of wheat, but the harvest of people.
What Satan Saw on the Day of Pentecost
- He saw his worst harvest ever, because of his corrupted seed.
- He saw Jesus — the One who conquered him — multiplied in others.
- He saw the same power that cast him out of heaven, and enter into believers who were being filled with Holy Ghost. Our job is to remind satan that he is a defeated foe.
- He saw the tears he had caused, turn to joy.
- He saw the defeated and oppressed now become his master.
- He saw slaves shake off their chains and prisoners set free.
- He saw his reign of terror shut down in the face of kings and priests.
- He saw people become the righteousness of God in Christ.
- He saw all authority in Heaven and earth delegated to believers.
- He saw people use their faith in the Name of Jesus to defeat sin, sickness, demons, and fear.
- He saw an unconquerable army rise to enforce his defeat; we are an occupying army. We occupy this territory. We take our stand against everything the devil tries to do. We release this by telling satan what we can do in Christ. Our goal is not to assist the devil. Instead, we submit ourselves to God and resist the devil, and he MUST flee.
What God Saw on the Day of Pentecost
- His saw His greatest harvest ever because of His greatest seed. Ephesians 2:4-7 – God’s desire to pour out His love on up.
- He saw the birth of a new race of believers.
- He saw the beginning of the New Testament Church.
- He saw people recreated in His image, His likeness, and His kind.
- He saw their sins wiped out as though they never existed.
- He saw believers receive the power of Holy Ghost.
- He saw His harvest use the authority in the Name of Jesus.
- He saw believers begin to perform the same miracles as Jesus:
- In Acts 3, He saw Peter and John heal the lame man.
- In Acts 5, He saw the apostles perform many signs, wonders, and miracles.
- In Acts 6, He saw Stephen, full of faith and power, do great signs, and wonders.
- In Acts 8, He saw Phillip perform mighty miracles.
- In Acts 9, He saw Peter raise the dead.
- In Acts 19, He saw special miracles done by Paul’s hands – harvest was taking place. He saw three thousand saved that day; He has seen millions more since. He will see millions more before the coming of Jesus.
The First Covenant Pentecost was the celebration of the wheat harvest. It was a type and shadow of what was to happen in the future.
The Second Covenant Pentecost is the celebration of the people harvest. We are His harvest sent to the world.
We are being sent out to reap, “The Great End-Time Harvest” of souls.
To view the full service, please click here.