Have you at some point in time run into THAT person who “tries” your patience? Inevitably, when discussing said person, what seems to be a harmless jest comes forth, “I had to ask Holy Spirit to help me not ________ (slap them, give them a piece of my mind, etc.)” This statement is then usually followed with laughter. HOWEVER, look at what Colossians 3:12 (TPT) has to say:
“You are always and dearly loved by God! So robe yourself with virtues of God, since you have been divinely chosen to be holy. Be merciful as you endeavor to understand others, and be compassionate, showing kindness toward all. Be gentle and humble, unoffendable in your patience with others.”
My sisters, we are in error if we jest about, or treat unkindly, at any point, someone whom we are having a difficult time with. Paul is quite clear in that verse on how we are to treat them! You might be saying, “But how can I do that Pastor Cathy?” It is by focusing on that first sentence in the scripture… YOU ARE ALWAYS AND DEARLY LOVED BY GOD! If God can ALWAYS LOVE us despite our sins, inconsistencies, quirks, etc. then how can we do less? If that isn’t enough to persuade you, look at this scripture:
“Every servant who knows what pleases his master yet does not make himself ready and refuses to put his master’s will to action will receive many punishing blows.” Luke 12:47 (TPT)
We are responsible for showing mercy, compassion, kindness, gentleness, humbleness, and patience with everyone, but especially those that may “rub us the wrong way.” It does not mean we let them take advantage of us, but we are to operate from the spirit, and not from our flesh when interacting with them. AND, my sisters, we can do it because in that verse in Colossians, it tells us we “HAVE BEEN DIVINELY CHOSEN TO BE HOLY!“
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, March 16th is our monthly Women’s Business Group meeting. They normally meet every 3rd Thursday at 7 pm in the Living Room modular. For the next few months, we are reading together “Dream Thieves” by Rick Renner. We will be discussing chapters 3-4 this Thursday night, so grab your copy and join us! Please come even if you haven’t had the chance to read and dive into a great discussion together. We will have a hot tea and hot chocolate bar for you to enjoy, and feel free to bring a snack to share (not mandatory).
- Saturday, March 18th is our Growing Deeper group meeting. If you are looking to grow deeper in your relationship with the Lord, to experience greater growth with God; along with a stronger unity and love with our fellow sisters in the Lord, then join us every 3rd week on Saturday at 8 am in the Living Room modular. There will be a potluck brunch – bring something to share if you are able, but it is not required – all are welcome!
- Sunday, March 19th is our Marriage Re-Envisioned group for single women. Come join us as we learn the essentials of preparing for marriage. Whether you are single, divorced, or widowed we have a place for you! We meet every 1st & 3rd Sunday right after service in SLC Classroom B. You may bring lunch with you.
- Sunday, March 19th is when Bridge Moms meet to cook the meal for our Bridge Young Adults group. We cook every 1st & 3rd Sunday. 2:30pm-6:30pm – Prep to clean up. This group requires a food handlers license (license fee reimbursed upon completion), so if you are interested in joining, please reach out directly to Pastor Cathy: email@example.com
- Monday, March 20th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. We are currently going through Sister Gloria Copeland’s book on the Fruit of the Spirit and meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom: Radiant Discipleship Link
- Monday, March 20th we have our #MomLife Playday – a group for all moms with children ages elementary and younger to gather together while their children play, make connections, and enjoy some snacks! They will meet at 10:30am at the Rhome Family Park.
- Monday, March 20th we have our Table Talk (65 and beyond) group. This group is for women (65 years of age and beyond). We have fellowship around the Word of God and with each other. They meet at 11:00 am at Cattleman’s Ridge every 1st Tuesday.