I remember when I was a KCBC student and Dr. Charles Green came to speak with us. He brought up what can sometimes be an uncomfortable topic… death. But, in true Charles Green style, he joked about how we tell people about the wonderfulness of Heaven, but then when they die and go there, we get upset. He then more seriously wondered how sincere was a Christian's belief in the resurrection if they were just as distraught as an unbeliever!
You might be thinking there is no way anyone could have a loved one die and not be upset about it. But, I can tell you personally that twice in my life I have had to say "until we meet again" to two dearly loved men in my life, my grandfather and my father, and was not upset about it. Did I cry – yes! But not upset or going into the gut-wrenching cry of someone completely devastated by their death. No, the majority of the time I saw them in my spirit, in Heaven, face to face with their Savior and could only smile! I never got depressed or overwhelmingly sad, because I knew where they were and because I have a relationship with the one they now see face-to-face – they are only a step into Heaven away!
Look at what Jesus had to say in this scripture:
"Jesus said to her, I am [Myself] the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on) Me, although he may die, yet he shall live; 26 And whoever continues to live and believes in (has faith in, cleaves to, and relies on) Me shall never [actually] die at all. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26 (AMPC)
I'm going to ask you the question Jesus asked Martha – "Do you believe this?" Take a minute and truly search your heart. If the answer is yes, then there is NO room for overwhelming grief or sadness. If you don't, then either call our prayer line and speak with one of our licensed prayer ministers, or, schedule a time to come talk to me! You can find the phone numbers at the bottom of this blog!
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, May 11th is Radiant! Join us at 7pm in the Chapel for Radiant as we hear from special guest speakers: Nikol, Abi & Alyssa Munoz! Come for a time of worship and ministry. Doors will open at 6:30pm with refreshments and fellowship. Free childcare will be provided for ages birth – 5th grade.
Registration is required, but FREE. For more information and to register, click Radiant
- Saturday, May 13th is our Advancing in Faith group. This group is using Brother Kenneth E. Hagin’s study guide, Bible Faith! We meet every 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month in the Living Room modular at 9 am. This group is also available online via Zoom. There is a $10 course fee that includes the Bible Faith Study Guide we will be using. To register for this group please go here: Registration
- Monday, May 15th we have our #MomLife Playday – a group for all moms with children ages elementary and younger to gather together while their children play, make connections, and enjoy some snacks! They will meet at 10:30am at the Rhome Family Park.
- Monday, May 15th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. We have begun a NEW STUDY on Brother Kenneth E. Hagin's book, How to be Led by the Spirit of God – Legacy Edition! and meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom! Radiant Discipleship Registration
- Wednesday, May 17th is our Radiant Bible Study. Enjoy the Word of God, and good teaching with other women of EMIC. We meet every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month in the Hospitality Room at 10:30 am.