I was watching the Believer's Voice of Victory this week and caught again Brother Copeland speaking about how the Holy Spirit spoke to him about watching his words. Especially idle or cliché words, because they do create!
I myself have received this same caution from the Holy Spirit over the course of the past few years, but even stronger of late. It has been so strong, that I become agitated in my spirit when I hear someone saying things that are in jest, out of anger, or a cliché. Things like, "I swear if it hasn't been one thing after another," referring to bad things happening in their life. Or, "Those Demo"n"crats are destroying our country." I don't know about you, but I believe we should not be calling citizens that disagree with us politically demons, nor calling our country destroyed!
When I hear things like that, I immediately want to correct that person, but in my spirit I know they won't receive that correction, so I either excuse myself or change the subject ASAP! Perhaps you may think I'm being over dramatic, but look at what the Bible has to say!:
"You can be sure of this: when the day of judgment comes, everyone will be held accountable for every careless word he has spoken. 37Your very words will be used as evidence, and your words will declare you either innocent or guilty.” Matthew 12:36-37 (AMPC)
My friends, take a moment to get with the Holy Spirit and ask Him to show you when you are speaking careless or damning words! Then with His help, work towards speaking life-giving, productive words each moment of each day!
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, June 8th is our Radiant Summer Social!Join us in the SLC Auditorium for a special night as we unite with the Bridge young ladies for a multi-generational evening of fun, activities, food, and a special word from Charity Shelton. Doors will open at 6:30pm with refreshments and a special one of a kind giveaway! Free childcare will be provided for ages birth – 5th grade.
Registration is required, but FREE. For more information and to register, click Radiant
- Saturday, June 10th is our Registration group. This group is using Brother Kenneth E. Hagin’s study guide, Bible Faith! We meet every 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month in the Living Room modular at 9 am. This group is also available online via Zoom. There is a $10 course fee that includes the Bible Faith Study Guide we will be using. To register for this group please go here:
- Monday, June 12th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. We have begun a NEW STUDY on Brother Kenneth E. Hagin's book, How to be Led by the Spirit of God – Legacy Edition! and meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom! Radiant Discipleship Registration
- Tuesday, June 13th is our Growing From Glory to Glory group. A time to enjoy the Word of God, good teaching, and light refreshments with other women of EMIC. They meet every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room.
- Monday, June 12th is our monthly Women’s Business Group meeting. They normally meet every 3rd Thursday at 7 pm in the Living Room modular. For the next few months, we are reading together “Dream Thieves” by Rick Renner. We will be discussing chapters 9-10 this Monday night, so grab your copy and join us! Please come even if you haven’t had the chance to read and dive into a great discussion together. We will have a hot tea and hot chocolate bar for you to enjoy, and feel free to bring a snack to share (not mandatory).