Do you remember a moment in your past where you lay awake at night reflecting on a happy moment? Perhaps you thanked God for that moment, or maybe you didn't. But whether you gave thanks or not, did you lay awake again the next night, and then the next night, and on and on…. reflecting on that happy moment? Most likely the answer is no for the majority, if not all of us. Yet King David did just that!
Let's look at the next verses in our study of Psalm 63 – verses 6-7:
"I lie awake each night thinking of you and reflecting on how you help me like a father. I sing through the night under your splendor-shadow, offering up to you my songs of delight and joy!” Psalm 63:6-7 (TPT)
Can you hear King David singing one of his Psalms of praise to God each night?! Singing because he has chosen to think on how good God is to him, how He helps him like a father, and how He protects him in His shadow! During many of King David's psalms he was living in caves, being hunted down by either King Saul, the enemies that surrounded Israel, or his own son! YET, he did not choose to reflect on that, instead he reflected on the only ONE that he knew would be able to help him through it all – GOD!
Take time out this week to purposefully choose to lay down at night and reflect on the goodness of God in your life!
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, September 21st is our monthly Women’s Business Group meeting. This months topic: How to start a business (part 2). They meet every 3rd Thursday at 7 pm in the Living Room modular. NOTE: This month's meeting will be via a private Zoom link ONLY.
- Friday, September 22nd we have our #MomLife Playday – a group for all moms with children ages elementary and younger to gather together while their children play, make connections, and enjoy some snacks! They will meet at 10:30am at the Rhome Family Park.
- Saturday, September 23rd is our Advancing in Faith group. This group is using Brother Kenneth E. Hagin’s study guide, Bible Faith! We meet every 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month in the Living Room modular at 9 am. This group is also available online via Zoom. There is a $10 course fee that includes the Bible Faith Study Guide we will be using. To register for this group please go here: Registration
- Sunday, September 24th is The Ruth Circle, a support group for Widows. This month we will enjoy the Groups Fair. Grab a hamburger or hotdog and look at all the groups available that might be a good fit for you! Then we will have a brief gathering in the Living Room modular for some fall desserts! This group meets every 4th Sunday right after service in the Living Room modular!
- Monday, September 25th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. Join us as we study Brother Kenneth E. Hagin's book, How to be Led by the Spirit of God – Legacy Edition! We meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom! Radiant Discipleship Registration
- Monday, September 25th we have our Table Talk (65 and Beyond) group. This group is for women (65 years of age and beyond). We have fellowship around the Word of God and with each other. They meet at 11:30 am at Cattleman’s Ridge every 3rd Monday.
- NOTE: Temporary change of week due to Victorython only. They will meet the 3rd Monday as normal in October.
- Tuesday, September 26th is our Growing From Glory to Glory group. A time to enjoy the Word of God, good teaching, and light refreshments with other women of EMIC. They meet every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 12:15 pm & 6:00pm in the Hospitality Room.
- Thursday, August 28th is our monthly Abiding Wives group. This is a group for married women to fellowship and connect with each other as we gather to pray for our husbands. We meet every 4th Thursday of the month at a private home, beginning at 7 pm. You will need to email email@example.com to get the address.