This week, as we unpack verse 6 of Proverbs 1, I found this wonderful nugget in the ArtScroll Kesuvim, or The Writings (Proverbs). First, let's read verse six and then see what the Rabbinic sages had to say about this verse!
"" Proverbs 1:6 (AMPC)
On pg. 5, this is what is written about verse six, "To understand parable and epigram. One must understand the verses of Proverbs in two ways: (1), the lesson that the proverb or metaphor imparts; and (2) the metaphor itself has a lesson, entirely apart from its deeper intent. For example, in 2:16 King Solomon teachers that chochmah will protect one from a strange woman. The metaphor refers to the danger of heresy. However, even the literal metaphorical term, teaches that one must beware of an immoral woman (Rashi). Thus, each parable must be understood on more than one level."
Do you see the importance of taking time to unpack the Proverbs? There is so much that I believe has been missed simply because they are read through like a book and not studied, line upon line, and precept upon precept!
I'm looking forward to next week, when we get past the introduction and into the teachings!!
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, November 9th is our annual Radiant Friendsgiving at 7 pm in the SLC Auditorium! Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for a time of food, fun, fellowship, and the Word. Children’s ministry is available for birth-5th grade. Invite a friend and register now: Radiant Friendsgiving
- Saturday, November 11th is our Advancing in Faith group. This group is using Brother Kenneth E. Hagin’s study guide, Bible Faith! We meet every 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month in the Living Room modular at 9 am. This group is also available online via Zoom.
- Saturday, November 11th #MomLife is celebrating their 3rd Annual Friendsgiving!!! This is a family event held at a private home, 11am – 2pm. They have a fenced in backyard great for the kiddos to run around. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can, to help them get an estimated head count. If able, bring a side dish to share.
- Monday, November 13th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. Join us as we study Brother Kenneth E. Hagin's book, How to be Led by the Spirit of God – Legacy Edition! We meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom! Radiant Discipleship Registration
- Tuesday, November 14th is our Growing From Glory to Glory group. A time to enjoy the Word of God, good teaching, and light refreshments with other women of EMIC. They meet every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 12:15 pm & 6:00pm in the Hospitality Room.
- Wednesday, November 15th is is our Radiant Bible Study. Enjoy the Word of God, and good teaching with other women of EMIC. We meet every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month in the Hospitality Room at 10:30 am.
- Thursday, November 16th is our monthly Women’s Business Group meeting. Make plans to join us at 7pm in the Living Room at EMIC. We will have a "Grateful Gathering" as we celebrate and are thankful for all of the good things that God has done this year! We will share business ideas and resources, reflect back on this year and talk about what's to come in your business next. This will be our last meeting of the year, so don't miss this gathering! We will have a hot chocolate bar and please bring a dessert to share (not mandatory).