WOW!! From Tony Cooke on Wednesday, to Pastor Terri at Radiant this past Thursday to Ambassador David Friedman at this past Sunday service… what a rich week of ministry we have received!! If you missed any of them – STOP whatever you are doing that isn't important and watch them ASAP!
Now for this week's verses in Proverbs 1:
A lack of reverence for God is what causes the foolish to eat of the fruit of their own way (vs. 31). To eat the fruit of your own way is to experience the consequences of choosing to be your own god – and that's a pitiful situation in which to find yourself! When you exalt and obey your desires more than you exalt and obey God's desires for your life, you take yourself out of God's hands and separate yourself from His provision. You become your own deliverance – and we all know that relying on ourselves for deliverance just isn't enough!
For example, after Adam disobeyed God, he had to live by the sweat of his brow instead of according to the provision of God. His disobedience forced him to live under a curse that he could not cure. He ate the fruit of his own way.
But when you go God's way, you eat the fruit of His way, and His way is good. The abundant life He gives is full of love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness and all the fruit of the spirit listed in Galatians 5:22-23.
Kesuvim / The Writings (Mishlei/Proverbs) on pg. 13 say about verses twenty-seven to twenty-eight:
Vs. 29 "Because they hated knowledge and did not choose fear of HASHEM This is why the previously mentioned travails came upon them (Radak). The word choose implies that there are two reasonable alternatives. Not only do they decline to actively pursue fear of Hashem, which is the most vital thing of all, but they reject it even if it is one of two available choices (Vilna Gaon)."
Vs. 30 "They did not desire my counsel, they spurned all my reproof. They refused even to hear my advice (Metzudos) My counsel refers to the good advice, beginning in verse 10, not to associate with those who entice you to sin. My reproof refers to the reproof beginning in verse 22 (Vilna Gaon)"
Vs. 31 "They will eat of the fruit of their way and will be sated with their own schemes. Just as one who plants a tree ultimately eats its fruit, so, too, sinners will be compensated according to their deeds (Metzudos)
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, February 1st is our monthly Radiant Book Club meeting. We meet every 1st Thursday at 12:15 pm in the WordWorks Bookstore. The book selected for our February discussion is Prayer, Your Foundation For Success by Brother Kenneth Copeland. Register today and discover hidden written treasures you may have never chosen on your own, as well as special perks for being a member – did I mention it’s free to register!! Registration has its perks!! You must be registered in the Radiant Book Club to get the discounted price of 15% off the books we will be reading!! We have other surprises that come with membership!! YOU DO NEED TO ATTEND to get the most out of your membership!!
You can register here: Radiant Book Club
- Friday, February 2nd is the meeting of our newest group Life In The Middle! This group is specifically for women ages 30-49 and meets every 1st & 3rd Friday at 7pm in SLC Classroom B.
- Sunday, February 4th is our Marriage Re-Envisioned group for single women. Come join us as we learn the essentials of preparing for marriage. Whether you are single, divorced, or widowed we have a place for you! We meet every 1st & 3rd Sunday right after service in SLC Classroom B. You may bring lunch with you.
- Sunday, February 4th is when Bridge Moms meet to cook the meal for our Bridge Young Adults group. We cook every 1st & 3rd Sunday. 2:30pm-6:30pm – Prep to clean up. This group requires a food handlers license (license fee reimbursed upon completion), so if you are interested in joining, please reach out directly to Pastor Cathy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, February 5th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. Join us as we begin a NEW study of Dr. Bill Winston's book, Living In The Fourth Dimension! We meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom! Click here to register!
- Wednesday, January 7th is our Radiant Bible Study. Enjoy the Word of God and good teaching with other women of EMIC. We meet every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month in the Hospitality Room at 10:30 am.
- Thursday, February 1st join us as we celebrate Valentine's Day with our annual Radiant Galentine Party on Thursday, February 8th at 7pm in the Chapel with fellowship, worship, the Word, fun activities, and Daniel Fast friendly food! Bring a friend and be a part of this celebration!! Doors will open at 6:30pm with refreshments. Children's ministry is provided for children birth to 5th Grade. Registration is free but required. Register Here!
For information on any of our groups, email email@example.com. Also, if you are ever in need of prayer, please call our prayer line at 877-281-6297. Or, if you need pastoral counseling, call the church office at 817-252-2900 to schedule a time to meet with me.
You are LOVED!