This position oversees the WordWorks bookstore and Passage Coffee Shop, ensuring all areas of the bookstore exemplify the vision, priorities, spirit of faith and love of the Sr. Pastors. Ensures the bookstore ministers to the needs of the people and all items in the bookstore comply with the mission and vision of the church.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees strategic planning and execution of initiatives, budgets, special projects, facility improvements, and personnel.
- Oversees the development of procedures for the bookstore that ensures administrative soundness, overall communication, cost control, results analysis and organizational continuity in accomplishing overall vision and priorities.
- Training and supervision of all bookstore associates.
- Oversees vendor relations.
- Works with the EMIC Service Teams to connect the bookstore to regular service teaching series and special guests.
- Works with the Communications Manager on marketing strategies and sales promotions for the bookstores.
- Effectively communicate with and manage schedules for staff and volunteers.
- Work alongside and serve other EMIC depts. and KCM.
- Continually reviews responsibilities, processes, and procedures for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages budgets providing accountability on all expenditures continually analyzing major and operational expenditures. Works with departments, management and Accounting to plan and prepare budgets.
- Compiles quarterly and annual reports for Management. Responsible for attaining goals and managing issues related to those goals.
- Oversees Retail Management of the Passage Coffee shop and acts as supervisor to the Passage Coordinator.
- High School Graduate
- College preferred.
- Two years retail experience preferred. Two years ministry experience preferred. Familiar with EMIC’s Leadership Culture, Sr. Pastors’ vision, EMIC’s Heritage of Faith.
- Minimum of three years management / leadership experience managing people, projects and budgets
- Analyze complex information.
- Coordinate multiple scheduling of people.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to events and situations that require good judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with other church departments, ministry departments and congregation.
- Clearly communicate goals and priorities to various constituents, orally and in writing.
- Effectively manage multiple projects or events.
- Clear ability to provide quality leadership to volunteers and staff members.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationship inside/outside the organization
- Have experience with Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook Programs.
- Strong organizational, analytical and written and verbal communication skills.
- Operates with pre-emptive thinking and must be discerning and able to make good judgment calls with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of KCM’s organizational policies, procedures and computer systems.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with diverse groups of people, considerable skill and diplomacy in communication. Adaptability to build effective working relationships inside and outside departments or groups.
- Provides leadership to bookstore and coffee shop staff and volunteer teams. Ensures work environment maintains atmosphere conducive to spiritual growth and development.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Computer with Windows Operating System
- Fax machine
- Copy Machine
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit at a computer and/or stand for a minimum of seven hours per day.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, registers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must be very organized and require a modicum of instruction.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be detailed, organized and communicative.
- Must be task and goal oriented.
- Requires the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions.
- Must be able to discern spiritual situations, and be willing to pray with people.
- Must relate and interact with people at all levels.
- Must have good command of the English language.
- Must have a sense of the workings of a ministry, and the demands physically, emotionally and spiritually of the staff and pastors.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in an environment that is conducive to change, with minimal supervision. Flexibility in adjusting schedule to accommodate outside influences while maintaining designated objectives and continuing to meet required end-dates of ongoing projects.
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties and divisions
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Membership and attendance at EMIC are preferred
- Because of the wide range of personal contact with ministry leaders within and outside the organization, this position requires considerable diplomacy, maturity, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with people of all cultures