Under minimal supervision, assists the Executive office, providing administrative support. These responsibilities include direct mail, communication liaison on behalf of the Executive office to other KCM/KCBC/EMIC staff, members of the church, ministry partners and friends. Conducts research and handles confidential information, exercising considerable judgment and discretion in completing special assignments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support and helps coordinate information supporting the Executive office.
- Maintains a strong prayer life, praying much in the Spirit, operating by faith, keeping in step with the Executive Leadership Team and the vision of the ministry.
- Continually reviews responsibilities, processes and procedures for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Handles incoming correspondence (email, US mail, etc.) and directs it to the proper area for response. Discerns and responds to all correspondence, phone calls, etc. with minimal input or supervision.
- Assists as needed in preparing, editing and coordinating television broadcast materials for distribution to various departments, including Publications and Television. Obtains third party copyright permissions as needed.
- Assists in formatting sermon notes and other documents as needed. Provides notes to Publishing for editing and to EMIC/KCM/KCBC for public distribution.
- Communicates consistently with and provides information to Senior Executive Assistant regarding ministry initiatives and assists in the coordination of travel arrangements and schedules for the Senior Pastors.
- Reconciles credit card reports, compiles budget information when needed, and maintains office files.
- Gathers all needed reports and assigns recommendations by due dates, assembles them into organized format, and prepares an executive summary as directed.
- Orders, organizes and maintains Executive office supplies.
- Transcribes messages or prophecies as needed.
- Attends meetings as directed, compiles minutes and follow up emails confirming decisions/tasks assigned to appropriate individuals. Conducts follow through on action items and provides status updates.
- Coordinates, prepares and disseminates meeting agendas to other staff members as requested. Preemptively has prepared any information needed for meetings.
- Provides support as requested in the Executive Office and helps coordinate related tasks as assigned.
- Fully utilizes ACS, Smartsheet, Planning Center, Nav and other ministry software implemented as a staff resource.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Graduate; extra training in Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 3 to 5 years project and administrative office experience.
- International travel experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Type at or above 50 wpm
- Strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Typical office equipment
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a computer for a minimum of seven hours per day.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines, such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally by commercial carrier.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must be very organized and require a modicum of instruction.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be detailed, organized and communicative.
- Must be task and goal oriented.
- Requires the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas.
- Must have a very good command of the English language and be able to proofread work.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions.
- Must be able to discern spiritual situations and be willing to pray with people.
- Must relate and interact well with people at all levels.
- Must have a sense of the workings of a ministry, and the demands physically, emotionally and spiritually of the staff and pastors.
- Must adapt well to changing work situations.
- Must maintain a professional working relationship with the Executive Leadership Team and other staff or students.
- Works in a typical church or office setting.
- Weekends and evening hours may be required.
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization, as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives.
- Must work well with others as a team, and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties and divisions.
- Must pray in other tongues and have a strong prayer life.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Must be a member of EMIC, regularly attend church services, and support the leadership of EMIC.
- Must be a regular tither.
- Must possess a servant’s heart and operate as an Armor Bearer.
- Maintain a sensitivity to the needs of others, which includes a love and commitment to our congregation and the staff of EMIC, KCM and KCBC.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with diverse groups of people, with considerable skill and diplomacy in communication. Ability to build effective working relationships inside and outside departments or groups.
- Self motivated and takes initiative. Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Operates with pre-emptive thinking. Must be discerning and able to make good judgment calls with minimum supervision.