Part Time – 10 to 15 hours per week
Sunday and Wednesdays, with various hours throughout week
This position supports children’s ministry needs for services for the preschool children of EMIC. This position reports to the Children’s Pastor.
- Oversees all aspects of services on a weekly basis in a specific classroom(s)/age group(s)
- Ensures peace in the classroom as it related to children, volunteers, Parent Partners, and staff
- Responsible to oversee that each child’s needs are met – spirit, soul, and body.
- Recruit, train, and equip volunteers to do the work of the ministry according to Ephesians 4.
- Help volunteers find their grace & their place in children’s ministry
- Maintain volunteer schedule and effective communication with volunteers.
- Organize the classroom to be welcoming and exciting to children, having necessary supplies ready for each service.
- Completes necessary paperwork and assignments.
- Communicates necessary information to children, volunteers, Parent Partners, and Children’s Pastor.
- Prays over children, families, volunteers, and staff of EMIC
- Meet and greet families in lobby or hallways by being prompt and ready before each service; assisting and directing people where to go
- Must be able to step into any preschool classroom to lead and/or teach during any service, if need arises.
- Attends all trainings and meetings as requested by Children’s Pastor.
- Practices being on time; ready for pre-service prayer; ready to lead as needed.
- Responsible for 9am childcare duties on a scheduled rotation.
- High school graduate or GED, preferred
- Previous and demonstrated childcare experience – minimum of one year
- Must be an active member of EMIC in good standing
- Must have the knowledge of the Word of God and be able to minister to children and adults.
- Must operate with pre-emptive thinking, must be discerning and able to make good judgement decisions with minimal supervision.
- Confidentiality and trust-worthiness are required
- Effective interpersonal skills, to be courteous to a diverse group of people
- Proficient in time management, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize
- Able to life 40lbs.
- Physically flexible and agile enough to function in a children’s ministry and office setting
- Must be able to communicate professionally under stressful conditions related to children and parents
- Must work some evenings and/or weekends. Work schedules are developed monthly, with some flexibility.
- Born again believer, spirit-filled, and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension and division
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job element of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.