Provides Administrative Assistant leadership and support for Christian Education programming for Kenneth Copeland Bible College and other education initiatives of Eagle Mountain Church and Kenneth Copeland Ministries. Facilitates and assists in the project management and administrative details of education and related areas as assigned by the CAO/Sr. Associate Pastor. This position reports directly to the CAO/Sr. Associate Pastor of Education.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the CAO/Sr Associate Pastor of Education and helps to coordinate all related initiatives with decision-making privileges, as delegated.
- Assists in establishing standards and procedures.
- Maintains the CAO/Pastor’s schedule, calendar and coordinates details of meetings.
- Attends meetings, compiles minutes, follow up memos confirming decisions, assignments, etc. to appropriate individuals. Conducts follow through to make sure all information requested, assignments given, etc. are completed.
- Coordinates, prepares in written form, and disseminates meeting agendas with other staff members. Preemptively prepares information needed for meetings.
- Responsible to compile a variety of reports on departmental statistics such as monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Gathers all needed reports and assigns recommendations by due dates, assembles them into organized format, and prepares and executive summary as directed.
- Conducts necessary research, analyzes information, and provides recommendations and alternatives for problem resolution. Handles all arising situations that do not need the CAO/Senior Associate Pastor’s input and follows up on pending decisions.
- Provides approval for routine administrative requests in the department, such as check request, postage requests, tours, etc. as delegated by Pastor.
- Screens telephone calls and assists those who do not require the Pastor’s direct involvement.
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred. High School Graduate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years project and/or administrative office experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Type at or above 40 wpm
- Strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties and divisions
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Must be a member of EMIC, regularly attend church services, and support the leadership of EMIC.
- Must be a regular tither to EMIC.
- Must possess a servant’s hear and operate as Armor Bearer.
- Sensitive to needs of others, which includes a love and commitment to the members and congregation of EMIC and Kenneth Copeland Ministries staff.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with diverse groups of people, considerable skill and diplomacy in communication. Ability to build effective working relationships inside and outside departments or groups.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative. Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Operates with pre-emptive thinking and must be discerning and able to make good judgment calls with minimum supervision
Equipment to be Used:
- Typical office equipment
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit at a computer for a minimum of seven hours per day.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must be very organized and require a modicum of instruction.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be detailed, organized and communicative.
- Must be task and goal oriented.
- Requires the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions.
- Must be able to discern spiritual situations, and be willing to pray with people.
- Must relate and interact with people at all levels.
- Must have good command of the English language and be able to proofread work.
- Must have a sense of the workings of a ministry, and the demands physically, emotionally and spiritually of the staff and pastors.
- Works in a typical office or classroom setting.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job element of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.