Works under minimal/normal supervision to provide administrative assistance to the Operations Manager and EMIC Ministry offices. Facilitates and assists in the administrative management of areas assigned to the Operations Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the Operations Manager and helps coordinate all related tasks, including support staff, as assigned,
- Maintains the Operations Manager’s schedule, calendar, and coordination of meetings.
- Attends meetings as directed, compiles minutes, and provides follow up memos and documentation.
- Prepares and disseminates meeting agendas.
- Gather data to complete “Weekly Status Reports”.
- Screen telephone calls, voicemails, and emails.
- Assist the Operations Manager in special projects and assignments as required
- Perform administrative support functions as required by the Operations Manager including filing, copying, departmental correspondence, updating records, and sending emails on behalf of,
- Utilizes Smart Sheets to provide reports on ministry areas volunteers, attendance, etc., and project planning.
- Organize receipts and documents for credit card reconciliation
- Associates degree preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years in an administrative office setting is required
- Experience in a fast-paced environment required
- Work experience in a Christian ministry preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling rules
- Excellent composition and proofreading skills
- High level of telephone etiquette knowledge
- Type 50 wpm with minimal errors
- Computer literate with skills in MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in Smartsheets preferred
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information – A great degree of discretion is required
- Multi-tasking ability and flexibility are essential
- Outstanding ability to meet deadlines without need for supervision
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties and divisions
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Must be a member of EMIC, regularly attend church services, and support the leadership of EMIC,
- Must be a regular tither to EMIC.
- Must possess a servant’s heart.
- Because of the wide range of personal contact with ministry leaders within and outside the organization, this position requires considerable diplomacy, maturity, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Computer, copier, printer, telephone, fax machine, calculator
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a computer for a minimum of 7 hours per day
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans
- Must be very organized and require a modicum of instruction
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in a” work situations
- Must be detailed, organized and communicative
- Must be task and goal oriented
- Requires the ability to multi-task
- Must adapt well to changing work situations
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions
- Must relate and interact with people at all levels
- Must have good command of the English language and be able to proofread work
- Works in a ministry office environment
- May be asked to run errands in a ministry vehicle, or own vehicle from time to time
- Will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement at the time of hiring