Have you been hearing from some people that it seems like the month of January flew by, yet for others it drug slowly by? The people who feel that they didn’t really get to bask in the newness of the first month of the year somehow feel “cheated”. While those for whom the month went by slowly feel “cheated,” they weren’t able to be a part of what kept the others busy. What can we learn from this? That it is all in our perspective. But maybe more importantly, this sense of being “cheated” is a result of us either taking on more things than we should have or making excuses for not joining in on things we actually could have!! Don’t get me wrong, there are times where it is legitimate in both cases, but I’m talking about the ones that ARE in our control!
So, how do we prevent getting into this sense of being “cheated” next month? STOP, ASK and OBEY! Before you commit, do, or choose NOT to do anything, STOP and ASK Holy Spirit what the Father’s WILL is. Then once you get your answer, OBEY what He instructed you to do. Even if it means putting your flesh down, and saying “no”, or “yes” despite a feeling of inconvenience or a schedule that is already full; despite having to travel at night or a long distance when you don’t like to; despite being an introvert; despite…. you get the idea!!
Look at what this scripture says:
“God always makes his grace visible in Christ, who includes us as partners of his endless triumph. Through our yielded lives he spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere we go.” 2 Corinthians 2:14 (TPT)
Notice that it is through our yielded lives that Christ is able to use us to spread the knowledge of God everywhere we go! Which causes me to remember Pastor George Pearson’s word “OTHERS”. That is what should be occupying our time – putting others first!!
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, January 26th is our monthly Abiding Wives group. This is a group for married women to fellowship and connect with each other as we gather to pray for our husbands. We meet every 4th Thursday of the month at a private home, beginning at 7 pm. You will need to email email@example.com to get the address. NOTE: This month we are kicking of the year with a Couples Fellowship Potluck!!
- Saturday, January 28th is our Advancing in Faith group. This group is using Brother Kenneth E. Hagin’s study guide, Bible Faith! We meet every 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month in the Living Room modular at 9 am. This group is also available online via Zoom. There is a $10 course fee that includes the Bible Faith Study Guide we will be using. To register for this group please go here: Registration
- Sunday, January 29th is when Bridge Moms meet to cook the meal for our Bridge Young Adults group. We cook every 1st & 3rd Sunday. 2:30pm-6:30pm – Prep to clean up. This group requires a food handlers license (license fee reimbursed upon completion), so if you are interested in joining, please reach out directly to Pastor Cathy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, January 30th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. We are currently going through Sister Gloria Copeland’s book on the Fruit of the Spirit and meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom: Radiant Discipleship Link
- Wednesday, February 1st is our Radiant Bible Study. Enjoy the Word of God, and good teaching with other women of EMIC. We meet every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month in the Hospitality Room at 10:30 am.