Happy February! I pray you were all “snug as a bug in a rug” during the winter ice storm this week. If you did face a challenge, I trust that God’s grace was sufficient to get you through it!
This month has often been termed the “love month” because of Valentine’s Day occurring in the middle of it. Personally, I have a family member that despised this month so deeply they would shut down emotionally, because it reminded them they did not have their own valentine to shower with extra love on that special day, nor to receive that extra love, much less the love one shares with someone in the intimacy of a dating or marriage relationship. Perhaps you also have this similar feeling during this month. It can occur for even those who are married or in a relationship – you feel you are doing all the giving of love, and receiving nothing in return. BUT – no matter the reason you may be experiencing loneliness, sadness, disappointment, or even depression with this holiday, there is GOOD NEWS!!
Look at what this scripture says:
“Lord, you know everything there is to know about me. 2You perceive every movement of my heart and soul, and you understand my every thought before it even enters my mind. 3-4You are so intimately aware of me, Lord. You read my heart like an open book and you know all the words I’m about to speak before I even start a sentence! You know every step I will take before my journey even begins. 5You’ve gone into my future to prepare the way, and in kindness you follow behind me to spare me from the harm of my past. You have laid your hand on me!“ Psalm 139:1-5 (TPT)
Look at how intimately the Father knows you! No person will ever be able to love or know you like that!! I hear you – what about our need for physical touch? Yes, it is important, but I have news for you – if you get the rhema revelation of God’s love for you on the scale of Psalm 139, you will sense the touch of true love!! It won’t be the sexual, perverted, fake touch that has been so twisted by movies – but a pure love that reaches past your core to your spirit! Meditate on that this Valentine’s day and month, and walk in the fullness of His LOVE for you! Oh! That family member finally came to peace during this month and now celebrates the Love of The Father as they wait for the day they find their human Valentine.
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Saturday, February 4th is our New Mom Connections group. This group is designed to connect first-time Moms to other women who have or are expecting a newborn but also have other children. To be a connection point where questions may be asked, and friendships built. The group meets the first Saturday of each month at 9:30 am in the Living Room Modular.
- Sunday, February 5th is when Bridge Moms meet to cook the meal for our Bridge Young Adults group. We cook every 1st & 3rd Sunday. 2:30 pm-6:30 pm – Prep to clean up. This group requires a food handlers license (license fee reimbursed upon completion), so if you are interested in joining, please reach out directly to Pastor Cathy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, February 6th is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. We are currently going through Sister Gloria Copeland’s book on the Fruit of the Spirit and meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom: Radiant Discipleship Link
- Tuesday, February 7th we have our Table Talk (65 and beyond) group. This group is for women (65 years of age and beyond). We have fellowship around the Word of God and with each other. They meet at 11:00 am in the Hospitality Room every 1st Tuesday.
- Thursday, February 9th is our Radiant Galentine Party! Join us as we celebrate Valentine’s Day in the Chapel with roses, chocolates, fun games and activities, plus food! Doors will open at 6:30pm with refreshments and fellowship. Free childcare will be provided for ages birth – 5th grade.
Registration is required, but FREE. For more information and to register, click Radiant