We just celebrated Mother's Day this past Sunday, and towards the end of service, Pastor Terri began mentioning people groups who may not be experiencing a happy Mother's Day due to various reasons. One of the reasons she mentioned was in light of Pastor George's teaching on the legacy of faith that Timothy had received from his mother and grandmother. Pastor Terri brought up that not everyone may have had a grandmother or mother that brought their (grand)children up in a household of faith. Or perhaps didn't have a female presence in their home. BUT, I have GOOD NEWS for you if that is you!!
Look at what this scripture has to say:
5" …For hasn’t he promised you, “I will never leave you, never! And I will not loosen my grip on your life! 8Jesus, the Anointed One, is always the same—yesterday, today, and forever. ” Hebrews 13:5, 8 (TPT)
Isn't that GREAT NEWS! No matter where parental faith may have been missing or lacking, Jesus has given His Word that He's got you! He can heal all the wounds, all the hurts, and anything you feel may have been missing during your informative years!! BUT… you have to give it over to Him! You can't give it to him and then take it back (to feel sorry for yourself) when the enemy tries to bring sadness, grief, or any other negative thought or emotion concerning your childhood. NO – give it to Jesus and then NEVER take it back – tell the enemy that it belongs to Jesus now, and that is who he will have to take that thought to… you aren't having it!!
Now, here’s a look at what is happening this week into next with our Radiant groups!
- Thursday, May 18th is our monthly Women’s Business Group meeting. They normally meet every 3rd Thursday at 7 pm in the Living Room modular. HOWEVER, this month they will be meeting via Zoom!! We are continuing to read "Dream Thieves" by Rick Renner this month and we'll be covering chapters 7&8 this Thursday night, so grab your copy and join us! To get the zoom link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, May 20th is our Growing Deeper group meeting. If you are looking to grow deeper in your relationship with the Lord, to experience greater growth with God; along with a stronger unity and love with our fellow sisters in the Lord, then join us every 3rd week on Saturday at 8 am in the Living Room modular. There will be a potluck brunch – bring something to share if you are able, but it is not required – all are welcome!
- Sunday, May 21st is our Marriage Re-Envisioned group for single women. Come join us as we learn the essentials of preparing for marriage. Whether you are single, divorced, or widowed we have a place for you! We meet every 1st & 3rd Sunday right after service in SLC Classroom B. You may bring lunch with you.
- Sunday, May 21st is when Bridge Moms meet to cook the meal for our Bridge Young Adults group. We cook every 1st & 3rd Sunday. 2:30pm-6:30pm – Prep to clean up. This group requires a food handlers license (license fee reimbursed upon completion), so if you are interested in joining, please reach out directly to Pastor Cathy: email@example.com
- Monday, May 22nd is our weekly Radiant Discipleship group led by Pastor Cathy Grigg. We have begun a NEW STUDY on Brother Kenneth E. Hagin's book, How to be Led by the Spirit of God – Legacy Edition! and meet at 12:15 pm in the Hospitality Room. This group is also available via Zoom! Radiant Discipleship Registration
- Tuesday, May 23rd is our Growing From Glory to Glory group. A time to enjoy the Word of God, good teaching, and light refreshments with other women of EMIC. They meet every 2nd & 4th Tuesday. NEW TIME AND LOCATION – 1:pm off campus. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the location.